Saturday, 18 October 2014

Double page Analysis

Here is an example of one of the double page spreads I had come across when looking for inspiration in terms of making my own one. I very much like the concepts used in this spread in terms of the layout of the picture- being continued on both pages, and the fact that the colour schemes are coordinated to the person itself (red hair, a red and white sheet she appears to be sitting on. The black clothes with the black font types.) I further admire the way the text is set out as it does not take up too much space and is enough to include in-depth information on the artist. In my own draft I will definitely be referring to some of the techniques used in this double page spread. 


Here is another example of a double page spread that I liked, more so because of the layout and use of space on the pages. The magazine uses one side to convey the artist they will be addressing and the other side to include all the information which links in with the pictures. This is a good example of a general magazine double page and allows me to get ahead in what kind of layouts I may want to use. 
Furthermore the colour schemes are simple and basic which does not over do the page, this is the kind of set up I would prefer I were to read/create my own magazine.


This is a final double page spread which I definitely liked and would use for interpreting new ideas to set to my own magazine double page. Due to the layout and spread of my own magazine cover and contents page, it is more likely to be directed at young female teens (a pop magazine). This set out is most similar to the type of style I am doing therefore I feel I will be able to benefit from it more so than others.The colours are bright and pink and links to the type of character the artist plays, which is one of the aspects I admire as I can make the article feel more personal by linking the fonts and colour schemes to my focus- being the artist. The use of little text is also great as teens generally will not want to read too much and includes enough information to keep them hooked to the article without being too overwhelming. This is one of the aspects I am looking out for in my own magazine. However the colour scheme can also come across as too much, thus why I will be looking at other magazines as with my own layout already to come up with a suitable colour scheme. Overall this magazine double page is suitable to the kind of layout I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment