Labels
- Evaluation (8)
- Final Production (4)
- Planning and Research (19)
- Preliminary Tasks (4)
- Weekly posts (6)
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Contents Page Analysis
Here is one of the contents pages I have found that I genuinely like the structure of, mainly due to the use of the colours (red, white, black and grey) and the lining of the text. The idea of the picture being quite basic yet definitely interesting is one of the reasons why I would not mind including similar ideas into my own contents page. The colour schemes mixing into this structure is very appealing as well. There is not much information included in this contents page which is ideal for me if I were to have a magazine, as there is not too much context to take in and is easy to refer back to when looking for a page. overall I can't find any major dislikes with this contents page and feel as though these inspirations will benefit me greatly with the structure of things in terms of size and organisation.
Another contents page that I had come across is Vibe's contents page. This is because they like to involve there own ideas as much as possible so that they are well known; for instance the use of the 'v' which represents their title of the magazine. I feel like this is a key idea which would be good to include into my own. Furthermore the fact that the 'v' is created also using a person just makes the whole layout even more interesting and full of creativity. The way the magazine has also structures the title: 'contents' is different in comparison to other magazines thus making the page look a whole more intriguing. The font use is further kept consistent and very organised in a way a magazine should be.
During my research I find that my attention is purely directed at the way Vibe sets up their pages. This is because they are unique, consistent and very precise with the colour schemes used. This is the kind of elements I would like to include in my own magazine as it proves professional, creative and genuinely structured. One of the key setups include in this contents page however, is how the title is placed behind the person in the image. It provides enough texts so that the reader can identify what it says and stays in line with the rest of the elements; this is one of the key things in which I would definitely try to include in my own contents page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment